Friday, April 8, 2011

An open letter to the U.S. Congress

Forgive my lack of tact, but have you lost your minds? It is Friday, April 8th and the government is on the verge of a shut down. Why? Because our elected officials have turned the U.S. Congress into a playground on which you are having a tug of war with a jump rope. I can picture all of you grown men and women in your expensive business suits pulling for all you’re worth, with neither side giving an inch. It is not a pretty picture.

As I understand it, the president has met with your leaders until the wee hours of the night, to no avail. You have met with each other and argued until you’re blue, getting nowhere. One side has thrown out a number —$33 billion, I believe. The other side has finally said, OK, $33 billion it is. Then, the first side has replied, we never said $33 billion. We want more. The T-Party freshmen won’t like it. Pardon me, but who made the T-Party the boss of you, so to speak? Give me a break.

When this is over, programs will come to a standstill; people will be furloughed (nice word for out of work); and you will still have your playground, your jump rope, and by the way your health care. Personally, I am disgusted and will put my future energies into figuring out how to recall the bunch of you.

Sincerely,

Bobbi Linkemer

Citizen

No comments: